Wednesday 9/19, J met the stone contractor at the house bright and early. He took off the row of stone at the top of the window, added the drip edge thingy and some waterproofing stuff and put the stone back up.
Friday 9/21, we did another water test and it was still leaking. Today, 9/25, J came out again. He took down the trim from around the window (interior) and the drywall under it. Then he did another water test. It seems the water is coming on each side of the window from about halfway up. When we did previous water tests, we did spray each side individually and didn't see any water. Maybe we didn't spray it long enough.
When he took the drywall down, he noticed it wasn't just the right side of the window leaking, it was the left side too. J is going to schedule the stone guys to come back again and deal with the sides. Behind the stone is the Tyvek wrap and tar paper, so he's not sure if maybe there's a tear in them or maybe they're not taped up right.
I have confidence that Wayne Homes will get it fixed correctly. Water leaks can be tricky, I suppose. I'll get the office unpacked one of these days. Until then, I'll just close the door. :) I'll post another update when I have one.
Today I had the cabinet guy come back and install crown molding along the top edge of the cabinets. What a difference! I only wish it wasn't an afterthought.